The core objective of the project GreenNet-EU27 is to derive least cost strategies for RES-Electricity grid integration into the European electricity grids.
The most important related objective of this project is to disseminate the project results and the practical guidelines to a broad audience,especially to key stakeholders as there are decision makers, regulators, grid companies and RES-E generators.
Further related objectives are:
- to identify existing regulatory barriers and distortion in RES-E grid integration in general and cost allocation in particular,
- to analyse the advantages, cost, system stability and security of supply issues of large scale RES-E grid integration from the grid systems point-of-view
- to identify best-practice RES-E grid integration cases in different European countries under different constraints
- to facilitate networking between several important decision makers and stakeholders, and
- to stimulate a common understanding of optimal least cost RES-E grid integration concepts for the future.