The role of data in energy research is undeniable, however the lack of cohesion and centralisation of energy data reduces the efficiency of both research and energy management.
EnerMaps project (H2020, grant agreement N°884161) will work to improve data access by establishing two freely accessible and interconnected instruments, providing a significant number of energy datasets and perform a quality-check on a selection of critical data.
EnerMaps will achieve this by developing a platform focusing on these three areas:
- Scientific community dashboard.
- Data management tool.
- Scientific communication:
- Increase projects’ capacity for communication.
- Ensure visibility and reusability of their datasets.
- Capacity building:
- Improve data management skills.
- Use of “action-learning” and “train the trainer” techniques.