Since there is no statistical, measured data on the energy consumption in the shopping centers, the total energy consumption per country was calculated by using the data of the specific energy demand per GLA and shop category. The total energy consumption for refrigeration, lighting, HVAC and electric appliances of 32.2 TWh in EU-28, Norway and Switzerland should be interpreted as bottom-line estimate. Moreover, energy used for mobility (e.g. to get to the shopping centre) is not included.
- BPIE 2013: Data Hub for the energy performance of buildings
- Britishland 2014: Corporate Responsibility FULL DATA REPORT 2013, Britishland, London, 2014
- ECE 2013: Nachhaltig erfolgreich. Report 2012/2013
- ICSC 2014: ICSC's Database "QuickStats"
- IGD 2014: Bilancio di SOSTENIBILITÀ, 2013, IGD Gruppo, Bologna, 2013
- Intu Group 20134: Corporate Responsibility Report 2012, London 2013
- Steen & Strøm 2012: Sustainable Development Report 2010/2011, Steen & Strøm AS, Oslo, 2012